Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup). Then add the lime juice and season with salt to taste. Drain and divide among serving bowls. Top with sambal oelek, coriander leaves and a.
Prepared with a simple aromatic chicken broth that's infused with Asian spices, this soup is flavourful on its own. But, when generously ladled over noodles, topped with chunky, juicy, tender chicken pieces, slices of boiled. Soto ayam is a chicken soup dish originated from Indonesia and is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. You can cook Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup)
- You need 2 lbs of chicken thigh (boneless).
- Prepare 2 L (8 cups) of water.
- You need 4 of bay leaves.
- You need 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 2 of lemon grass (the white part only), bruised.
- It's 1 inch of dried galangal.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- You need 3 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- It's 7 of shallots.
- It's 5 of garlic cloves.
- It's 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- It's 5 of candlenut.
- It's of Accompaniments and Garnishes :.
- You need Glass of noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained.
- You need of Shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of Cooked rice.
- It's of Homemade potato chips (optional).
- Prepare of Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped.
- It's of Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional).
- Prepare of Fried shallots (optional).
- You need 6 of hard boiled eggs.
However, you have to take a paradigm shift to appreciate it. Unlike a creamy soup, it's a clear soup with loads of ingredients and condiments. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup - Indonesian style. This is not your mom's chicken noodle soup.
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) instructions
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed..
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat..
- How to serve : Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes..
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes..
This is Indonesia's answer to ramen. And I have a thing for noodle soups. Soto Ayam (Indonesian Clear Chicken Soup) Be the first to review this recipe. This version of the classic Indonesian chicken soup comes from the Hyatt Regency in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. In the magazine, they talk about having a no RSVP soup party which is low pressure & high commitment.